How do I use this component?

Aug 13, 2010 at 4:39 PM
I copied the .dll to the gac and the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\PipelineComponents folder but can't figure how to use it. Please help.
Aug 13, 2010 at 4:41 PM
I think it may need to be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\PipelineComponents. This may be the answer.
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2010 at 5:14 PM

You need to place the DLL in the GAC, as well as in BOTH PipelineComponents folders - the Program Files (x86) one on a 64-bit system as well as the regular Program Files folder.  You will also need to add the component to your toolbox - right-click the toolbox and select "Choose Items..."...

Aug 13, 2010 at 5:20 PM
Thank you for replying and thank you for making this great component. You are awesome. I can't tell you how angry that error "cannot convert nonunicode to unicode data" error made me and you gave me a solution. Thank you so much!!!
Coordinator
Aug 31, 2010 at 11:54 PM

You're welcome.  But just to make sure - you can do this kind of thing with out-of-the-box components pretty easily - it's just the fact that it takes more than one component, and it can get click-happy.

Jun 6, 2011 at 2:41 PM
Edited Jun 6, 2011 at 2:41 PM

I copied the .dll to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\PipelineComponents folder, also dragged and dropped the DLL into your C:\Windows\assembly folder.
I switched to the Data Flow view, right-click on the toolbox, and select "Choose Items...", but I can't find "Replacing Data Conversion" in the the list.
The windows is 32bit.
Can you help please? 

Coordinator
Mar 26, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Make sure you restart your VS first (I'm sure you've done that by now :) )